Saturday 30 November 2013

29 xpome

 
What's the best art based experience you have ever had?

Hmm, i suppose it goes back to my first year of graffiti - 2001, when i painted a woman with an embryo holding a baby with a spraycan in his hands in a tram tunnel in Sofia just before NY 2002. Then i went back to Germany to study further and few days later i got an email from a close friend with my piece on the cover of a bulgarian magazine. He had to stole it and scan it for me: ) Soon after that another friend of mine told me how fascinated he was by that piece while we were going to school, he didn't know I'd painted it. That gave me the courage to continue painting.

Where's home?

Home is where my head lays, but it's mostly Sofia, my home town.


How did this all start for you?

Very accidently. I was looking for something in a library back in 2000 when i saw a book entitled Graffiti Art #8, i opened it and said to myself - that's what you'll be doing next...

What types of art do you like?

Art with quality and sense of humor.



What would you really like to be able to do?

To draw decently haha

Recommend a song, a book and a film.

anything by the Beastie boys
anything by Kurt Vonnegut
Kontroll - 90s hungarian movie about the surreal life in the metro system there


I can see a child like sense of fun to your art would you say that is fair?

True story, i try to keep the child in me while painting. It really keeps me young and alive in a way.



What are you working on now? What's next?

I am working as an architect in an NGO, we try to keep it up transformatori.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment