Sunday 6 October 2013

2 Alex Chiu - Bird, Bunny, Bear and Monkey


I usually have no idea what I’m going to draw before I start a piece.
I’ve developed a vocabulary of patterns, characters, objects,
and symbols that I utilize throughout the drawing process,
but the main objective is to fill white space until a picture appears.
It has become a process of surprising myself and not being afraid
to draw something in a way I haven’t before.  In this way, when
I have given up the idea that a piece is supposed to look a certain way,
I can tap into a part of the universe that reveals things to me that
I have never seen or understood before.
This is how I believe an artist grows.

-- Alex Chiu, May 2011

Nominations (for future Bright Tangents):
Jesse Balmer
Adam Roth
Darin Schuler
Dustin Myers
Kyle Pellet

No comments:

Post a Comment